Tuesday, October 19, 2010

#22 due October 19t

Difficult- As you mention, the notation with all of the plus signs is confusing. It requires slowing down and thinking about it for it to make sense, which is fine it just isn't easy right away. I think I am still confused also on what the notation R/I means. Once the lecture turns into the isomorphism theorems with the quotient ring I get very confused. I don't know if maybe once I see the theorems worked out if I'll get it or not but it looks to be really hard.

Reflective- It is neat that the quotient rings were not intended to have anything to do with homomorphisms and isomorphisms yet they do. And it is also cool that we're bringing homomorphisms and isomorphisms back into lectures. The old stuff makes me feel like I at least know something  because this new stuff is confusing to me! I will definitely be in before the exam with questions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment