Monday, August 30, 2010

#4:Lecture 4, due on August 31st

Difficult- Okay well even though we covered this lecture in this class today, I think I am still confused on which technique to use when. I am going to try the homework for it and see if that helps because I know you said practice is what helps you master the proof techniques. I understand the techniques of proofs 1 but 2 is a bit more challenging for me. I am still worried I will not know what technique to use when I'm given an implication. The most difficult technique seems to be proof by induction. Theorem 1.7 and Example 1.8 were hard and took me a while to follow. Hopefully once I practice these I can get the hang of it.

Reflective- The most interesting part of the lecture to me is needing to prove 2 cases. I think I might like this one because it seems to be the most obvious proof to solve. The implications that require 2 cases are pretty straight forward, or so I think, so I will hopefully be able to figure these out. I also like the well-ordering axiom because I  clearly understand this one. Most of the rest of the material I have to think about for a little longer but the 2 cases and well-ordering axiom are interesting and I understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment