Monday, August 30, 2010

#5: Lecture 5, due September 2nd

Difficult- I am following what the lecture says in words, but the symbols are confusing me. I don't know what the c with an line underneath it means. I understand what each of the properties mean with the equivalence relations, but when applying them to sets I am lost. Sets were not my forte in linear algebra so I am nervous. I hope when we discuss this in class it makes more sense to me. It also helps to think of sets in words instead of symbols so some the examples make a little more sense.

Reflective- Well I like the reflective, symmetric, and transitive properties since I learned those forever ago. I like that I learned them a long time ago but they play a big part in many areas in math so when they come up I know what they mean. I also think the cross products of sets interesting because that is how you form new sets, taking elements from both sets to make a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment