Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25th, 2010. #1 Introduction

  1. Well, I am in my third year of college but am technically a senior by hours, and planning to graduate a semester early. My majors are Mathematics, Secondary Education, and Applied Critical Thought and Inquiry.
  2. Linear Algebra is the only post calculus class I have taken, and this semester I am taking Abstract Algebra and Differential Equations.
  3. Well besides the fact that I have to take this course, I am excited to learn about ring, groups, and fields. My pastor majored in Math and so he has told me a little bit about it. He also said that it was the most difficult math class he had to take so I am very nervous! I am not very good at proofs :/
  4. Well Dr. Nicholson is the best math teacher I have had. He always had his office open so I would go in at least twice a week to get outside help. It helped me a lot to talk one-on-one and work out what I wasn't understanding. Least effective for me is not being open to help students outside of class.
  5. Well something interesting. Hm, I am from Kansas and my family and I are HUGE Jayhawk fans. Rock Chalk!
  6. Unfortunately, I cannot come during your office hours. I have from 10:15-1:30 open MWF so I hope sometime in there works for me to come get help because I am telling you now I will need it!! I hope this is okay. 

I am excited for this semester and getting to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment