Tuesday, September 21, 2010

#11 due September 21st

Difficult- I think I am understanding more! I followed the the first couple parts of the section... and they made sense! I am very excited about this. However, towards the middle of the section (incorporating the fields) I got confused. Theorem 19.11 is the one I find the hardest to follow. I think it is one of the ones I need to hear explained out loud and hopefully I'll get that. The rest seems not too bad. But I haven't done any exercises yet so hopefully I'm not speaking too soon!


Reflective- I thought the Venn diagram was very useful. It helped me put a picture in my mind of how the different types of rings relate to one another. I like looking at integral domains and different rings that can and cannot be integral domains. The idea and the fact that I get it probably contribute to why I like them. For the same reasoning, I like the divisors of 0 and cancellation laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment