Monday, September 6, 2010

#6':Lecture 6', due September 7th

(Difficult) I am not quite sure what a modulo is. How does a modulo relate with a congruence class? Does the equals sign but with another straight line over it mean congruency? I was confused after reading the first set of notes but when I got to the second set it cleared some things up. Now I don't know if I get Theorem 1.3.5. And I think I'm missing something big here... how are primes related to congruence classes/modulos? (Reflective)  I don't think I understand a lot about primes. Because I was unaware that every integer except 0, -1 and 1 is a product of prime numbers and how to do the prime factorization (Theorem 1.3.4&5). I also did not know that p is prime if and only of -p is prime. However I did know that there are infinitely many primes so there's something! But how to prove that... hmmm I don't know. I guess I will learn more about primes in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment