Saturday, September 25, 2010

#13 due September 26th

Difficult- I am confused! I do not understand all the ways a polynomial is different as a ring in Z[x]. This section is like a foreign language to me. There are so many symbols with the sums and then with the mapping. I do follow however what the division algorithm is saying and dividing polynomials so at least I get something. I think understanding the polynomials will take me a little bit but hopefully I can get it.


Reflective- I think the historical note on page 198 is interesting. I think it's cool how the book includes these. It's weird that around 400 years ago x and letters toward the end of alphabet were used to represent indeterminates and this is still true today. I also like the division of polynomials in this section since we did that a long time ago in and it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment