Tuesday, September 14, 2010

#9: Lecture 9 (and 10?), due September 14th

Difficult- Well I was reading through the first page of ring stuff (in the lecture) and I think I understand the axioms and the different types of rings. But then when I got to the examples I had no idea if it they were rings or not. I found the book to be equally challenging. I am starting to get really nervous for this test now with this stuff included also. I think I will need to see examples in class and I will hopefully be able to figure out rings and then the fields.

Reflective- Well the ring stuff seems pretty cool, what I get of it at least. When I figure it out for sure I think I will like it even more. I liked the history section in the book.I think it's great that a woman mathematician helped to develop rings and was able to become a professor! So if she can do it, then hopefully I can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment